Here are the plans and assignments for the DOGTime ID/UM students, MaHKU students, and IPDG students.
With the maHKU students I will work on a more elaborate version of the Ficitious Organisation assignment that is also a part of the DOGTime curriculum. It is a design assignment, rooted in relational design, with a focus on the visual aspects of the fictitious organisation (its visual style and behaviour) and its visual representation.
• 3rd years get 6 to 8 assignments, spread over the year. The last one is the pressure cooker project, done together with the 4th year.
• 4th years make and visualise a plan of what they want to do and learn in their 4th year.
• 5th years develop the (concepts for) the works for their final exam.
Personal Experience (coming)
• Relational design – relational aesthetics (ref. Bourriaud, Bishop, Hirschorn, de Certau)
• Technical mediation (ref. Flusser, McLuhan, Frasca, Mulder…)
• Systems and networks – ActorNetworkTheory (ref, Darwin, Conway, Latour, Galloway…)
• Algorithmical culture – game, play, rules, constraints (ref. Zimmerman, Huizinga, Juul…)
• Narratives (ref. Aristotle, Barthes, Aarseth…)